Monday, May 6, 2013

Rain

We don't get rain in May. And then it rains and there goes that adage. Under other circumstances I might have been delighted with this morning's unseasonable downpour, but I have out of town company and it's a matter of pride that just about anywhere anyone comes to visit from will have worse weather than we're having. When the best we can do is comparable, we have to find other differentiators to crow about. We're more superficial than wherever you're visiting from. Something like that.

It's getting late and the time has come to pack up my things or stuff as some people call their things. I have an guest to entertain and before I leave I need to look up three topics of conversation tailored to my friend.

We're better hosts. Yeah, that's it. We're the best darned hosts ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment