Monday, October 22, 2012

Every Generation Has Its Spike

We were on a conference call and someone asked if something we were working on could have more sound effects. You can never have enough whooshes. I promised him we'd give it the full "Spike Jones." At that point, my boss interrupted to ask the two junior people on the call (30 and 23 year old) whether they knew who Spike Jones was. Of course, at 73 the boss was thinking of exactly who I was talking about, Spike Jones the bandleader. What he didn't expect was that the two youngsters would both immediately respond that yes they did indeed know who he was. Although they thought I was talking about Spike Jonze the director. They only knew that one and my boss only knew the other one. I knew both. I was the bridge in the conversation. Whoosh!





No comments:

Post a Comment